Saturday, July 04, 2009

Why Are Christians Behind in Innovation?


I just read the Ashoka story again and it is wonderful. Take a look yourself at their web page and see what can happen to bring great changes in a family, community or nation when ordinary people feel called to do something great.

I believe that the Christian community has the greatest power for good that the world has ever seen. Whey are we so far behind when it comes to developing ways to foster innovation and change. Maybe I am wrong, and I hope you will tell me that I am wrong, but commercial and secular non-profits seem to go all out to enroll people in programs and processes to change the world.

Microsoft spent $9,000,000,000.00 in 2008 on Research and Development. They are the biggest and richest group of software producers in the world yet they are spending nine billion dollars on ways to grow.

Asoka works hard to discover men and women who are making a difference and then funds their efforts. This is R&D in Social Innovation. What Christian groups seeks to find cutting edge ministries and creative innovators they can support financially? Most churches won't even honor and support their own people let alone strangers.

I will close by asking my readers to pray about supporting innovators wherever they can be found. I hope God's spirit raises up thousands of cutting edge men and women who will lead the way into the 21st Century.

No comments: