Saturday, October 18, 2008

Charitable Giving

Helping others help!
The financial buy out bill allows us to give from our retirement IRA's tax free! According to the Wall Street Journal, now is the time to use IRA accounts for charitable giving in 2008. Read the story about how Uncle Sam will help you support Sweeten Life Systems and your church.

Karen and I will consider that option. I am over Seventy and have to take a certain amount out of my IRA. If I just transfer the amount to my bank account we will have to pay taxes. Despite some politician's desire to force me to be fair by givings my savings to others, I prefer to help my favorite charities to expand the good news and good works.

I have worked and saved for Fifty years. I often worked two jobs. I attended college with my own money. Karen and I have lived below our means because we are thrifty. We have always given 10% or more to the Lord's work.

Now some fat cat pols tell me I have not been fair because I worked hard and saved my money! They make millions and give little to their own families or charity but say I am unfair.

I will give my required amount to charity as part of my tithe. We Christians have been not only fair but generous. I am ready to use the tax system so the Lord's work can prosper.

Gary Sweeten
Sweeten Life Systems
P.O. Box 498455
Cincinnati, Ohio 45249

No comments: