Wednesday, October 22, 2008

A Pillar of International Missions


Go into all the world and make disciples!

One of my favorite Seasoned Believers is Donna Thomas. She and husband Charles founded a concept that has revolutionized world missions. Their idea was to partner with local ministers and Christian leaders in various nations and support them with funds, education, love and friendship. It worked then and it works now. They called it, "Project Partners" because they partner with nationals as equals.

The idea that Western Ministries ought to develop friendships with national Pastors and support their indigenous ways to evangelizing and church growth is revolutionary. It has led to some of the fastest growing and healthiest groups I know in India, China and Mexico. They are planting thousands of churches and equipping multiplied thousands of "Barefoot Pastors" to evangelize and disciple the new converts.

I received a memo from Donna and I want to share her need with you. Please pray for her trip to visit Samuel Stevens and The India Gospel League, one of the dynamic ministries she and Chuck founded years ago.
Dear Gary,

I am leaving for India October 29th to attend Samuel’s son’s wedding and also to lead, teach, train, etc. in various meetings there. I will leave India on the 11th of November and arrive home on the 12th.

On a trip like this I need prayer partners that will stand with me that I may be useful to the Lord in all circumstances. If you would be a prayer partner with me, please ... let me know.

Blessings,
Donna S. Thomas
3560 Towne Drive
Carmel, IN 46032
317-876-9884
http://www.cvministries.org/

Click on Donna's web site and buy one of her books. She is a great writer and speaker.

Gary Sweeten
http://www.sweetenlife.com/

No comments: