Saturday, October 21, 2006

How Rich Am I?

Most of us do not feel rich. In fact, many Americans "feel" like life is hard. Gas prices seem high and we cannot buy everything we want right now. But, most Americans and Western Europeans are very wealthy. Especially when we compare ourselves to the other six billion people in the world.

The following web site gives us a way to compare ourselves to the rest of the world. If you put in your annual income, the computer automatically calculates how you stack up against world norms. I tried it and had some fun when I saw that I am actually richer than I thought. It also asks, of course, for a donation to their non-profit but that is OK with me. We often need a reminder of how blessed we are.

An addendum. Not only are we the richest people in history, by a very far margin, we are also enjoying the lowest costs in history. Inflation is low and the cost of food, clothes and other necessities is the lowest I ever remember. The entire world has learned how to produce things more efficiently and waste is being eliminated every day. We are very, very blessed.

Click the link below to see your wold rank.

http://www.globalrichlist.com/

No comments: