Wednesday, January 03, 2007

African Memories



In the last post I mentioned that Jens-Petter Jorgensen was on our Life Way Ministries Board as an International Rep. He and I met while at a 1983 Leaders' Conference in Nairobi, Kenya. The above photo shows Jens-Petter with the Bishop of Southern Africa sitting outside a cafe in Nairobi. That Bishop was overseer of between 30 and 40 million Believers in his church. (He said it was hard to keep track of everyone so the count was approximate.)
The one on the left show me with a group of African dancers after they had chosen me from the audience to do a traditional dance with them. I had a ball with the group as they showed us several different types of traditional dances.
No doubt you will notice that both of us had facial hair.


No comments: