Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Healing the Family Tree So I Can Be ME

Steve, Galina and I are having a wonderful time helping our Russian Ministry Team understand, analyze patterns and bring healing to their family tree. I am getting excited about the teaching I am planning for the Vineyard Community Church.

Every Wednesday night in March I will be teaching people how to do a genogram and come to a better understanding of their "Family of Origin". This class will be very interactive, lots of fun and deliver a bunch of healing.

I did not begin to really understand myself, let alone my children, parents and siblings, until I had completed four or five generations of my genogram. The genogram is quite simple to construct but it can reveal a lot of old patterns and how they are able to affect me and my offspring now.

I am planning to involve the group in "Family Sculpting" and developing "Family Maps". These are dramatic ways to see how the family changes when a big event occurs. So, I am hoping to see you with me at the groups on Wednesday evenings. Call the VCC for more information.

(Hurry and make your plans. I may never teach this again!)

No comments: