Friday, May 07, 2010
Some statistics about those who give and do not according to religious preference.
Religious people give more; much more.
Giving by Secular and Religious Donors
* Thirteen percent of all Americans claim no religious identity.
* In 2009, 63 percent of Americans said they belonged to a church or synagogue.
* Ten years earlier, that figure was 70 percent.
* In 2005, 72 percent of households that reported a religious affiliation said they gave to charity.
* In the same study, 56 percent of people who did not report a religious affiliation said they contributed to charity.