Friday, June 29, 2007

Comments

I imagine most bloggers are a lot like me. They want, need and like comments. We are like politicians who only have one rule about reporters. "I don't care what you say about me if you just spell my name correctly."

I have thought and said for a long time that my main job after retirement will be to write letters to the editor as a full time business. Now that I have a blog I don't have to wait because I can write a stream of consciousness about whatever is on my mind. And, to top it all off, I get great comments from friends, neighbors and acquaintances from all over the place.

Not too long ago I received a note from Dan Gilliam [Dan@dangilliam.net] a man who was one of our youth ministers many years ago. Now he is an artist, musician, writer and free spirit in ministry. When he first wrote he was in Colorado but has moved back to the Virginia-North Carolina Border area of the mountains.

I have received notes from a lot of ministers and counselors. I suppose we are all working on similar issues. My old friend from the University of Cincinnati Jay Slaydon, is a counselor in the same region where Dan Gilliam lives. Good people tend to gather in warmly caring places, I suppose.

So, keep writing. Hit the comments button and say something; anything. Stay in touch. I need to hear from you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gary,

As I have told you several times in the last few weeks, your blog sustains me, challenges me, grows me, blesses me. In many ways it is prophecy in my view of things.

As far as stream of consciousness, glad you are conscious to write and live in the Stream of God's Love that gives life giving water to the Body of Christ.

May God Always be Praised!

Anonymous said...

I guess you got my comment. I noticed you misspelled my name. I don't let small stuff bother me. Hope to talk soon.

Jay Slaydon

Gary Sweeten said...

Michael, it is a real joy to know you are still serving the Lord with such joy and gladness. The work you and friends from the old days are doing with Deb Smith's blog is truly a work of wonder and love via the internet. I have never seen blogs used like that before so I am getting all kinds of ideas from your modeling.

As for you, Jay, I made a comment about people wanting their names spelled right and then misspelled yours. YIKES! Mea Culpa! I am surely thankful you are a man of grace.

Why don't we plan on getting together before long to discuss the future? As you can see I am launching a new thrust in my ministry to mobilize Seasoned Servants of which both you and Michael are "Poster Children". I hope to get your input and creativity as we move forward.

Michael is coming to our big launch in July and will hear my story but I want to get you and other folks from the beginnings of the Fourth Great Awakening to interact around this vision.