Thursday, June 28, 2007

Pits, Prisons, Palaces, Prophesy and Prosperity

As I read my stories from past decades I am struck bu how many times I have had to face great disappointments. Anyone who reads the Bible knows that the great heroes of our faith have all faced great challenges.

I think of Joseph whose father loved him so much he doted on him to the point that the children from his other wives got so jealous they decided to sell him into slavery. They put him in a Pit after stripping him of that famous many colored coat and made a few shekels off him from the passing camel train of traders.

From that awful Pit young Joseph was transported to a Palace in Egypt where he served as a slave to a high ranking officer of the Pharaoh. Joseph did so well he ended up being the object of his master's wife's affections and after refusing her advances, went to Prison on the basis of her lies that he had tried to force her to have sex.

Joseph had not been abandoned by God, however, despite his terrible problems. As he said, "They, (the brothers) meant it for evil but God meant it for good." So, God spoke to Joseph throughout his many ups and downs, trials and triumphs. He had the ability to interpret dreams and hear God's voice so Prophesy was a great gift that continued to be placed upon him. (The gifts and call of God are forever.)

His ability to hear and follow God led to imprisonment as a result of false charges but in Prison it led to his being blessed. A fellow prisoner that had been the recipient of Joseph's Prophetic words and knowledge of dreams, remembered his friend from the Prison and suggested to the Pharaoh that Joseph might be able to understand his terrifying dreams about seven cows.

Finally, God had prepared the haughty, childish and prideful Joseph to the place where he ruled the strongest country on earth, Egypt. All those times of trials and temptations, of tests and tough events developed young Joseph into a mature leader. It is often the case that a person is not get ready to rule others until there is self-rule.

Some of my most painful and difficult times have prepared me best to serve the Lord where ever He sends me. The school of hard knocks works as the very best way to prepare us for leadership. I have been falsely accused, wrongly dismissed, painfully rejected and my "rights" stolen by people I considered to be closer than a brother or sister. My many colored coats have been torn up in front of me, my reputation tarred and feathered by those I helped most and my money taken by "friends". (IMO)

It is the Pits, Prisons and Pain that Prepare us for the Palace and Spiritual Prosperity. It is not Schoolization but Socialization that develops godliness and the fruit of the Spirit. Yes, "Knowledge puffs up while love builds up" and God is in the business of building not puffing.

The Lord has called me at this time to unleash other Seasoned Believers who have grown strong through illness, disappointment, joy and family life into the fifth and sixth decades of maturity. Most are ready to share their wisdom and love. When I was a child I thought as a child, I taught as a child and I lived as a child. Now it is time to put away childish things and liberate mature men and women to touch the world.

More on God's preparation later.

No comments: