Sunday, April 20, 2008

Back Home in Illinois


Karen and I moved to Cincinnati in the summer of 1967 with three month old daughter Julia from Southern Illinois University. We grew up in southern Illinois and assumed we would live and die there, but God had other plans.

That region was in the news recently because of an earthquake centered near the Wabash River just across the line from Evansville, Indiana. Earthquakes are rare in that region but not unknown. One of the most powerful occurred in 1811 and caused the Mississippi River to flow backward for a time and rerouted it permanently.

I miss my hometown and the friends I grew up with but I would not return because this is now our home. Our life here has been beautiful spiritually, emotionally and economically.
Thank God for bringing us to Cincinnati.

No comments: