Friday, December 03, 2010
God Still Heals Today
I get a daily note from my former congregation, College Hill Presbyterian in Cincinnati. It usually has prayer needs and church announcements that my friend Phyllis Naegele sends to keep me up to date on the church and people I love.
In yesterday's update Phyllis included this wonderful testimony of God's love, power and presence. Let these words encourage you to seek His grace and mercy.
Praise The Lord: Jeanne Schneider, Pastoral Care Leader, reports that in October, a gentleman named Greg came to the Healing Service and asked for prayer for his asthma that was also sent out to the prayer chain.
Greg returned to the November Healing Service to report at his last doctor's visit the doctor saw no signs of asthma.
Greg is spreading the Good News of God's healing touch.
Any one in need of a healing touch can contact CHPC and they will pray for you and alert you to the times they have Healing Services you can attend personally.
1. There are no dangerous side effects to prayer.
2. God always answers our prayers but rarely in the ways we think.
3. Nobody ever overdoses from too much prayer.
4. Prayer is listening as well as talking. The Holy Spirit usually has something to say to us.
5. Treatment is free at God's hospitals.
6. Come as you are and you will be loved.
7. Nobody is perfect; that is why healing is necessary.
8. We do not need to be holy to ask God for healing. We are not holy but we have a Holy God, a Holy Jesus and a Holy Spirit.
9. There are three kinds of prayers. Seeking Prayers; Speaking Prayers; Soaking Prayers. Which do you need today?
Thanks to each of you for your prayers for Greg.