Sunday, April 15, 2007

In Complete Remission

When I checked my e mail before church this morning I was in for a wonderful surprise. David Ong, a young friend from Singapore, had written the following letter to myself and a few others who have been praying for him. Here it is so you can give thanks to God.


Hi Gary and Marie; Danny & Rhonda; and "Uncle Gary Sweeten",

This is David. The man you prayed for in June when you were ministering at a prayer seminar organized by my dear friend, Kay Chong.

Thank you for your word from the Lord. I was very touched by the Lord, knowing that He is a God who does not delight in evil. Psalm 5:4

Thank you for the faith to believe for me too. As of October 2006, four months after the word was released, my doctor declared that I am now in complete remission. Praise the Lord. The last chemotherapy that was scheduled was cancelled. My last MRI showed there's greater healing in my spine that was done to the active disease although there were no clear indication in the blood.

The M-band, something better than cancer markers that detect cancer cells in the blood were also nil. Also, occasionally the flares due to the transplant rejection called GVHD(Graft verses host disease) becomes very active and endangering but God saw me through time and again. I am eternally thankful for every breadth of life given to live for Him.(Psalm 146.2)

The Lord is good. In our two and a half year journey through the valley of the shadow of death, my wife, Whee Ling and our little 'David' -Josh, have so much of God's goodness. Life is more than health, and even wealth. We now live to declare His goodness and I am seeking God earnestly for clear directions in regard to my calling as a pastor.

The Lord impressed upon me at the end of last year that 2007 is a year of preparing to enter the promised land for me as God has been leading me to read, claim and obey the instructions given in the book of Joshua. God wanted me to "get ready"I write this also to request for your prayers as well. Do feel free to share what the Lord may impress upon you.

Also, I am about to finish witting a book which is about my journey and God-given confidence with cancer. May I have the honor of both of you to be one of the book reviewers? Uncle Gary, thanks for agreeing to write the forward page.

Thank you all for being such a blessing to our lives!


Hope to hear from you again,

Bleesings,
A new 'David'

No comments: