Thursday, July 17, 2008

Random Thoughts

As I prepare to drive to Maryland to celebrate my brother's fifty years of wedded bliss with a fine woman, Angela Carpenter, I want to leave you with some interesting thoughts.

Thought #I. By Ben Stein

Ben Franklin summed it up well. In times of stress, the three best things to have are an old dog, an old wife and ready money. How right he was.

Thought #II. By Ben Stein

I am far from glib about the economy. It has a lot of pitfalls facing it. As workers and investors, we know that many dangers lurk in our paths.

But so far, these things have always worked themselves out and this one will, too. In the meantime, they say that falling in love is wonderful, and that the best is falling in love with what you have.

Ben Stein is a lawyer, writer, actor and economist. E-mail: ebiz@nytimes.com.

No comments: