Thursday, December 11, 2008

God Answers Prayers


Thanks for all the prayers that were lifted to The Great Physician about my clogged arteries. Last week when I had a nuclear stress test the picture came back loud and clear. One of my arteries was clogged up pretty badly. That is not something you want to hear from your Cardiologist.


My Cardiologist, Dr. Dean Kereiakes, is a great person and a terrific Doctor. He saved my life in 1999 after I flew back from Singapore with a severely clogged artery and chest pains on a plane. He keeps a close watch on my condition and, thankfully he is a perfectionist when it comes to keeping me healthy.


When he called and told me I needed another stint I agreed to get in to the Cath Lab as soon as possible so I was there at The Christ Hospital at 6:00 AM last Monday. The entire staff of nurses, technicians and Doctors were warm caring and very professional. They did the angiogram and Dr. K came around to tell me in a stunned tone that the clogged artery was unclogged. He said, "But we got a very clear picture of it on the nuclear exam. I cannot understand it."


Dr. K and the team at Christ is the best there is. I trust them with my life and I trust them with the pictures but that which they saw was now gone. I told Dr. K and the staff that I really appreciated their skill and care. I also said, "I have asked hundreds of friends to pray that the Holy Spirit would clean that artery out so a stint would not be necessary. I think the prayers were answered."


Praise God from who all blessings flow and from whom all good gifts come down from above. Thank you for praying. I rarely ever hear of something as dramatic and complete as this answer to prayer. I know I do not deserve it nor did I earn it. It is all grace and I can not explain why God answered the prayers for me and not for others. God alone understands His plan and His ways.


Never underestimate the power of prayer, even when you do not get the answer we want. There is too much work and too little prayer. too much worry and too little prayer. Too much talk and too little prayer.


Prayer is the work of the church.


Gary Sweeten



4 comments:

Michael W Cristiani said...

Gary,

Praise be to God!

MANY BLESSINGS!
Peace and All Good!
Michael

Michael W Cristiani said...

Forgot to suggest that we go to Graeter's or Skyline or the Grand Finale to celebrate!

Unknown said...

Gary, I am glad to see (to read) you again. Your final words about me. I prayed less than worried. So, now what about Red color - the color of Victory (on my perception); will we see the photo "Gary and Karen Red"?

Gary Sweeten said...

Yevgeny, I am excited to see that you have taken the truth about worry and prayer to heart. I am looking forward to hearing about the ways God will use you when you learn to "Cast all your cares on Him."