Sunday, February 21, 2010

Spiritual Peace


What does it mean to be at peace? And, if I can define it how can I attain it?

Here is what Jesus said about having peace:

John 14:27Peace I leave with you; My [own] peace I now give and bequeath to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.

I spoke this morning about Jesus and Serenity at Life Gate Church in Northern Kentucky. Several members of the church engaged me in conversations after the service to discuss these issues.

Take a careful look at this passage. Carefully meditate on it. Chew on it. Say it over and over in your mind and see if you can figure out the message of Jesus to you. Apply it personally because you may be the person Jesus wanted to hear the comment.

Where does peace begin?

How can you tell if you have the peace that Jesus is describing? Have you ever had such peace? Some people write things like, "Know Jesus-Know peace; No Jesus-No peace". Is that a marketing slogan or real fact? Are all Christians living in peace? Do any Christians you know live in peace? How would you know if they were? Can we feel guilty and have peace?


Philippians 4:6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

No comments: