Friday, May 25, 2007

Feedback Works

I recently blogged about my sad experiences with some vendors on the web. A few of my experiences have been maddeningly bad and I wrote them to say I was unhappy.

I wondered if it would do an good at all. Would they even read my feedback let alone take my complaints seriously or do anything to correct the problems.

Here is the score card.

1. Classmates.com took money out of my credit card account automatically even though that was not plainly stated on their web. I wrote and complained and they responded that I was out of luck. They had my money and I would not get it back. I wrote again and said something like, "I will tell everyone I know that you are unethical and to drop your services."

That got results and they wrote that I would get my money back in 30 days. I will let you know what happens.

2. We ordered a toy dog for our grand daughter and they sent the wrong item. Karen called and got no help so I ranked the service as very poor on the Amazon.com rating page. I received a call from the owner of the toy store, it was not Amazon, and they sent my money back immediately. They also begged me to change my statement on the rating page. I shall do that for them.

Rating service really works.

3. I complained about the online company, Freecreditreport.com because they lied and said their report was free. it is not. That is just their name. I heard from them that several states had sued them for false and misleading ads and they sent my money back.

I would never deal with them again.

So, complain if you are unhappy about service.

bad rating and public embarrassment is bad for business.

No comments: