Friday, May 11, 2007

Friends from Around the World

It's a miracle! I can write in a foreign language!

I have a new button on my dashboard that allows me to write in Hindi, one of the main languages found in India. In fact, it was already on and I was forced to write in Hindi. Since I never, ever learned Hindi it must be a miracle.

(Just kidding. It is a new service of Blogspot.com and not one I need, want or care about.)

I did, however, receive an e-mail from Anne Newbold of New Zealand yesterday and I was actually able to translate her Kiwi Language into American English. The Kiwi's are a funny and interesting lot. Anne was the wife of an Anglican Clergyman in Singapore, David Newbold, who passed away with cancer and she returned to NZ to count sheep. Anne took all our training at the Anglican Training Centre, Lifestreams, and showed herself to be a quick student of relationship skills because she had a caring heart.

What a joy it is to hear from friends and colleagues from around the world. Even when I am 12,000 miles away from them my heart is blessed when I get to read what these fine folks are doing in the service of Christ.

God is doing an interesting and exciting new thing. He is raising up millions of mature Christians to take His word and works to the uttermost parts of the world and share His goodness.

More on this later.

No comments: