Monday, December 25, 2006

Who am I

There are millions of blogs out there clogging up the Internet like locusts. TIME Magazine even made bloggers the Person of the Year for 2006. We who blog have all kinds of motivations and backgrounds and the quality of our ideas and writing ability varies greatly. You will have to judge the quality of mine. Make any comments you wish and let me know what you think.

I am an educator, teacher and care giver at heart. I have a strong desire to see God's folks prosper and grow into happy, healthy wholesome people that continually invades the world's toxic relationships with love and peace.

I was born in a tiny village in southern Illinois and have been fortunate to travel around the world several times to help individuals, groups and ministries grow and become stronger as agents of positive change. God's grace and love compel me to share His goodness with the world.

The bottom of my e mail letters has the following signature and it tells a lot about my mission.

Gary R. Sweeten, Ed. D.
Leader Coach & Consultant

Touching Leaders, One Heart at a time
Touching Organizations, One Leader at a time
Touching Communities, One Organization at a time
Touching Nations, One Community at a time.
Touching Eternity, One Day at a time

(C)Life Way Ministries, Inc
A Faith Based Non-Profit Charity
11161 Kenwood Road
Cincinnati, Ohio 45242
www.lifewaycenters.com

We are presently looking at changing our name because the current name, although good in many respects, is confusing to many because there are others with similar names. Life Way Counseling Centers was also founded my myself and several others so many get the two confused.

The Southern Baptist Sunday School board has a wonderful publishing arm called, Life way but we are not associated with them either. More troubling, however, is Life way for Youth, an organization that recently became unfairly infamous when one of its foster families was in the news with a tragic death.

Be on the lookout for our new moniker and focus for 2007. The purpose and mission will remain the same or very similar but the name will change. Several friends have suggested I simply use my name because it has remained the same over many different organizations and affiliations. I already have www.garysweeten.com registered as a web site. Others want a new name with more pizazz. Any suggestions from my friends who read this?

No comments: