Tuesday, July 10, 2007

New Ministry Thrust and Focus

Ever since I was touched anew by the Holy Spirit in 1958 I have had a great passion to see Christians grow up into what the Apostle Paul referred to as "Adults" in I Corinthians 13. He said that "When I was a child I thought childish thoughts and walked a childish walk. But when I grew up an became an adult I put away childish things."

There are way too many Believers who have not been able to "Put away childish things." This is causing problems in the Christian community because it leads to immature members and, far worse, immature leaders.

My new ministry thrust will be to recruit and train Seasoned Believers, those who have known and served God for several years, and help them move on in life. I am calling it, Unleashing Seasoned Believers to Love and Enjoy the Lord. Sweeten Life Systems will emphasize that part of the Christian community.

People are living much longer now have more hours before and after work than ever before. In fact, some statisticians estimate that over the past 100 years the amount of time people have use as they please has grown by 2/3.

Just a century ago, about 2/3 of the time people were busy doing things that they had to do to survive. Only about 1/3 of the time were they able to freely choose what they did.

Now, those numbers are rapidly being reversed. People spend only about 1/3 of their lives in activities that are required to survive and 2/3 on leisure, volunteering, watching TV and films, playing sports or games and travel or shopping.

But too much time off is not only boring it is emotionally dangerous. As the old saying goes, "Idle time is the devil's workshop." Finding meaningful and satisfying things to do is required for people to have a sense of Significance and Accomplishment.

What are you going to do to give back and feel better about yourself?

Contact me if you are interested in finding out what we are planning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gary:

I am a little unsure what you are doing and may not be a candidate. There is not much spare time in my life. I wish I did fit the typical person my age.

Keep me posted. No word from Tom and Deb. I am uncertain how to proceed.

Jay