Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Visitors

One of the joys of writing a blog is to see how many old friends visit it. Every time I see someone who is reading from Illinois, the state of my birth, I feel a bit of excitement.

I have also heard from old friends from my past adventures on Jesus Movement and the U. C. Campus. Jay is back in North Carolina, Michael has a marketing firm in Cincinnati, Marc O'Hara and Lynnie are still in Cincy and they often write but usually offline. By the way, congratulations to Michael and family on a new grand baby.

Wow. Am I old enough to have former students with grand kids? Yikes!

I hope to hear from many more colleagues and friends from the past.

2 comments:

Michael W Cristiani said...

Gary,

Thanks for the congrats on the new baby. Our daughter and son-in-law have named her Serena Glo.

She is truly serene and they liked that name anyway.

Glo is what in very loving remembrance of my mom, Gloria Cristiani, who has been Glorifying the Lord in eternity for just over a year. Our daugther was very close to my mom.

May God always be Praised, Alleluia.

p.s., some others in our group of former students and friends from your past adventures also have grands, some several.

Gary Sweeten said...

Maybe several other grandparents will write and tell us about the joy of the Seasoned Family Life