Sunday, July 08, 2007

Testimonies

Gary Sweeten has been a teacher to me even before we met.

I have learned relationship skills that make me more sensitive to all those I come in contact. I have specific strategies now to know how to listen, speak and live a more consistent life with my beliefs and values as a Christian.

These courses were being taught in Illinois at the Champaign Vineyard Fellowship years before we moved to Cincinnati in 1999. The church was continuing on with those courses after Gary had come and introduced them to the staff in Champaign. Now our church continues to teach those same principles in regular courses throughout the years here in Cincinnati.

Gary has also been a teacher in person at seminars he holds for church leadership. His thinking and materials have developed into an exciting interactive sessions encouraging participant involvement and scratch where we itch in the area of personal and church wide ministry.

I so appreciate his desire to minister to church laymen and fulltime workers who are so much in need of support and encouragement and are the last to ask for it. He has introduced us to family systems concepts and thinking which has opened up new and fresh ways to counsel and personally grow ourselves.

I am a more confident and equipped ambassador of the gospel because of the biblical and Holy Spirit empowered teaching of Gary Sweeten. Please support him for it will be an eternal investment in advancing God’s kingdom.

Gary has also encouraged me as a Christ follower, wife and mother through personal conversations.

Laurie CochraneDirector of Alpha,
Assimilation and Administration
Vineyard Northwest

No comments: