Friday, June 06, 2008

Another Contest for You


It is 3:30 AM and I can't sleep. I suppose that is good because I am thinking of ways I can engage you, my readers, in a dialogue. I want, need and love interaction. After all, the tag line of Sweeten Life is, "A life time of great relationships" and how can you and I have a great relationship if I never hear from you? (Some of you mention that you have read the blog. Thanks!)

Here is the new contest. I am looking for the best satirical way to answer the TV ads from Las Vegas that say: "Whatever happens in Las Vegas stays in Las Vegas."


Examples: "Whatever happens in Las Vegas stays in Las Vegas" (Except the broken marriages)


"Whatever happens in Las Vegas, stays in Las Vegas" (Except the bills)


Send me your nominations via email or on the comments.


2 comments:

Paula Clare said...

Hi Gary,
I know you hear from me all the time...so I COULD exclude myself from the contest...but...naaaaaaaaaaah.

How about this:

Vegas never sleeps...but neither does God.

or

What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas...but God still knows.

I am reminded of the scripture in Psalm 139:7-12

"Is there anyplace I can go to avoid your Spirit?
to be out of your sight?
If I climb to the sky, you're there!
If I go underground, you're there!
If I flew on morning's wings
to the far western horizon,
You'd find me in a minute—
you're already there waiting!
Then I said to myself, "Oh, he even sees me in the dark!
At night I'm immersed in the light!"
It's a fact: darkness isn't dark to you;
night and day, darkness and light, they're all the same to you."

I do not believe David was making an anti Vegas commercial, but was rejoicing because he realized that no matter where he went or what he did, he would be forever under the watching, protecting, loving eyes of God. I believe he took comfort in that.

Isn't it just like us (humans) to take something positive and turn it around and get all paranoid about it? lol

Thanks for the great contest...thought provoking! As always!

Blessings,
Paula Clare

Gary Sweeten said...

I love it. This is a great comment that cuts the Vegas ads two ways and trumps them with Aces.