Sunday, June 15, 2008

My Father's Day Gift

We went out to eat last night with daughter Julie Rae and husband David with their kids Jacob 13 and Lily 6. Father's Day is my very favorite celebration. I have great kids and grand kids so they are continually giving me their love and warmest affirmations, especially at Dad's Day. I will post some of the photos later.

This afternoon my son Timothy, who lives in that foreign land called Pittsburgh, PA, called and wished me a Happy Father's Day. He is a great guy, funny, bright and very affirming kid. He has followed in my footsteps as a consultant and teacher but has definitely exceeded his dad in skills of math and assessment. I really enjoy hearing him talk about improving organizational behavior.

With so much love from the children and grand kids how can life get better. Tim let me know that Julie had written a nice tribute about me on her blog. You can see it at

http://hookedonhouses.wordpress.com/2008/06/14/happy-fathers-day/#more-2207

Julie is a terrific writer and a brilliant woman in so many different fields, but the things she said on her blog were about the best writing I ever saw. Thanks Julie Rae and thanks Tim.

There is no greater joy than having kids and grand kids.

3 comments:

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

You're welcome, Dad! You deserve a tribute now and then. -Julie :-)

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

P.S. Try inserting it as a link so people can click on it instead of having to copy and pasting it. Also, this is taking them straight to the second half of the post instead of the beginning. Here's the link to give them:

http://hookedonhouses.wordpress.com/2008/06/14/happy-fathers-day/

I'd hate for any of your readers to miss those fun old photographs of you! -Julie :-)

Gary Sweeten said...

Thanks Julie, That was a great Father's Day card. Those old photos are terrific. You and Lily look so much alike it is scary.

I am still trying to figure out how to imbed links on my blog. I need a class on blogspot.com