Sunday, August 17, 2008

Preaching Today


I had the privilege of speaking today at Horizon Community Church. I spoke at the 10:30 service that is focused on those Seeking a better understanding of God in a practical sense.


The series is taken from The God Father trilogy and contrasts the rules, roles and relationships contained in that film series with what God The Father has to say about His family in the Bible. My topic was, "The Hidden Rules of Family Life" and it was a ball. I did a short introduction about genograms and family maps and told stories about the way God treats us versus that which happens in the God Father.


If you want to hear my talk and others click on The Horizon Community Church link next to this post.


The Pastor is Chad Hovind and he is doing a series of sermon/teachings on some very provocative topics at the 9:15 service. He just finished a very interesting series on The Song of Solomon and was able to do a lot on God's approach to marital intimacy. This is one series that I never heard in my Baptist Sunday school.

No comments: