Wednesday, November 05, 2008

After the Election


I am somewhat embarrassed. I have not been able, so far, to be thankful for the outcome of the election. Senator Obama was not my favorite but he won fair and square, despite the antics of ACORN.


It is hard for me to be thankful for a President who will very likely appoint three radically oriented judges to the Supreme Court. The future of life in the womb is even more threatened today than it was yesterday. But, the Bible tells me to "Give thanks in all circumstances." I am trying so be patient with me and keep me in your prayers.


Gary Sweeten

1 comment:

Michael W Cristiani said...

A thought:

"Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign." (Mother Teresa -- "Notable and Quotable," Wall Street Journal, 2/25/94, p. A14)