Monday, November 13, 2006

Happy Birthday Karen!


Karen and I will soon celebrate our 45th anniversary on November 21. It comes just after her birthday on 11/12 so November is a time when we have much to thank God for on Thanksgiving.
When we married in 1961 I was teaching school at the Ina, Illinois Elementary School where I had attended many years before. We first thought we would get married on Christmas vacation but I also delivered flowers for Al Easton and he said it was too busy on Christmas to get married. He needed me to work so why not do it on Thanksgiving?
Karen and I are both highly spontaneous so we said, "That sounds good to us." All of my kids came to the wedding at First Baptist Church in Pinckneyville, IL and we took off for Chicago for our honeymoon. (What were we thinking?)
I was blessed to marry a very young woman, just take a look at her photo. How did my hair get so white in such a short time? God gave me the woman that fits me like He intended because we cannot imagine having living with anyone else.
Our children, Julia and husband David have two children, Jacob and Lily while son Timothy and wife Shelley have a son, Jack. Children and grandchildren are a blessing from the Lord.


No comments: