Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Life Is So Much Better Now

It is exciting to be involved with so many worthwhile ministries and live such a blessed life. Two weeks ago, my wife Karen said, “If nothing else good ever happens to my life again, I will still be thankful.” Then she and I reminisced about the low estate from which we sprang in southern Illinois and are simply amazed at the grace of God on our nation and our family.

My family home was not a log cabin and Abe Lincoln was not our nearest neighbor but the Sweeten clan came up in poverty. Maury and I were both born during the Great Depression when hardly anyone had much in the way of material goods. As the old saw goes, “but we had love” and that is true.

But love without food, clothing and shelter is pretty thin gruel. Dad was ill and Mother worked in a shoe factory while we were watched by our Maternal Grand Mother, Mom Taylor. Everyone was poor but not everyone was as poor as we.

Now almost every American lives without fear of real want. Evan poor people have many things we would have considered to be niceties if not luxuries. I am very thankful that our country has been blessed and that we all enjoy liberty, a good government and an incredibly rich land. As I look around the USA and compare our standard of living to other countries I can only thank God for our heritage and His mercy.

Karen and I are also blessed by having become Christians at a very early age. Although I rebelled as a teen, God’s grace brought me healing and answered my prayers for a wonderful mate. Since encountering the Holy Spirit in 1968 I have joyfully served the Lord with every fiber of my being and in 1973 God graciously called me to serve as a Minister and an Equipper of Ministers both lay and clergy.

I am happy you have found my blog and can read about some of the great things God is doing with our various ministries. Because of the spiritual, emotional and financial support of so many wonderful people we can touch thousands of churches, families and individuals.

No comments: