Sunday, February 04, 2007

A Busy Week Since Returning From Russia

I only returned from The Czech Republic and Russia late Tuesday night but the rest of the week has been quite full. I called Karen from the airport in Atlanta and discovered to my shock that John Sloniker, the father of my daughter in law Shelley, had passed away Monday. Thankfully I had returned in time to be with the family and assist with the memorial service Thursday night.

Along with family matters I had an all day workshop on Saturday for the Greater Cincinnati Association of Baptists. The 75 or so in attendance and I had a ball at Lakota Hills Baptist Church. They were from several different congregations around the Tri-State Area and proved to be some of the most warm hearted, Spirit-filled, eager to learn and fun loving people I have met in years.

The topic was Healthy Churches through Healthy Relationships and yesterday was the first of four Saturdays we will share together on that topic. This was an eager and open group interested in filling in "their bag" and developing new insights from the Myers Briggs Temperament Test as well as Rational Christian Thinking. With people like this in the church I am certain that the future of Baptists in Greater Cincinnati is strong.

I fully intended to take photos of this beautiful group and post them for you but my short term memory failed me and I forgot the camera.

No comments: