Sunday, February 25, 2007

Grace for the Taking

Almost all of the really distressed people I know suffer from a lack of grace applied to their own lives. Not only has the church failed to teach us about True Moral Guilt its teachers have not really shown us in a practical manner how to treat it with ourselves and with others.

For example, has some failure, stumble or intentional sin hobbled you with an ongoing sense of distress even though you have confessed it over and over? Have you ever heard a good sermon on the difference between Guilt and Shame or True Moral Guilt and Guilt Feelings? How about the difference between Sins and Trespasses? No? I didn't think so.

I wonder how many people avoid churches and ministers or Christians because they have unresolved Guilt/Guilt Feelings on their conscience. Would you know how to help them distinguish between these various issues and lead them to peace and harmony? We can't lead people farther than we have gone ourselves.

Perhaps I am off base in my analysis but I would like to hear from you to see if I am wrong. Leave a comment on the blog or write me at gsweeten@lifewaycenters.com

No comments: