Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Good News from Dr. K

My heart doctor is very conservative and I am very happy that he is. When I mentioned to him that I had experienced some tightness in my chest while exercising Dr. K iwas concerned. He mmediately told his assistant Mona to make an appointment for me to have another stress test with the nuclear camera.

I went under the chemicals last Wednesday and made it fine despite the discomfort. The last time my pumping heart rate was 52% and that is normal so I was hoping and praying for another good report. When the call came I was still in the good range at 50% and she affirmed me for passing the test. Praise the Lord!

I am extremely thankful for modern medicine and its attenuating technologies. Thanks to the men and women who have dedicated their lives to save lives and invent marvellous machines that aid them.

While lying on my back motionless for only 16 minutes that seemed like an hour under the million dollar nuclear camera that was examining my heart from so many different angles, I prayerfully thanked the nameless scientists and technicians who worked day and night to develop a machine to save the lives of millions of people, including mine.

I also thanked Dr. K and his team of docs and nurses, technicians and aides who smilingly dig through the data and fight the insurance companies to deliver me personally the very best health care in the world. I have been sick in Asia, Russia and Scandinavia and the care was good. But, as my cardiologist in Singapore said, "I will send you back to Ohio for the best care."

And, I thank God I can get care here in America. In many countries like England, Scandinavia, Canada and other countries with government sponsored medicine I would have had to wait six months or a year for care and even then may have been turned down because it was not considered to be serious enough to warrant a test.

And, I thank God for my Christian friends who petitioned heaven for a good report. They were successful.

No comments: