Sunday, August 05, 2007

Looking at the Past


A group of us from Dwelling Place Fellowship went to see the movie Hairspray this afternoon and it was a walk down memory lane to 1962.
Here I am on the left side with Karen and on the right side are brother Maury with his wife Angela in about 1962. Looking at those skinny ties and tight pants I can see Hairspray all over again. Man we were young back then. Just take a look at my dark hair!
Karen and I were married in 1961 and I graduated with a Master's Degree in 67.
We moved to Cincinnati in 67 a few weeks after our daughter was born on April 28. A lot was happening in our lives back then.
I attended a conference on Basic Encounter Groups with Dr. Carl Rogers at the Urbana Campus of the University of Illinois in 1969 and made a decision that changed my life: I grew a beard. I kept the beard for 16 years.


I will upload some pics with a beard as soon as it will work better.


1 comment:

LPC said...

Would love to see them photos, but Uncle G you would not be a baby boomer like me would you?

Lito