Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Norwegian Visitors


Jens-Petter Jorgensen with a Bishop of the African Inland Church at the Leaders' Conference in 1983
We are very blessed to have Jens-Petter Jorgensen and Oystein Jorgensen with us from Oslo, Norway in Cincinnati this week. Jens-Petter has been a leading figure in the Holy Spirit's revival since the Eighties. He, and several friends, led The OASE (Oasis) Movement that took Scandinavia by storm for three decades.


Jens-Petter was the Daily Leader of the OASE Movement when met in Kenya at a "Leader of Leaders Conference" in 1983. I went to Africa as a result of hearing the Lord call the organization I headed to "Foster a Second Reformation" that unleashed the works of God into the world. I fully expected God to connect me with a group of African leaders and call me to minister in that huge continent.


Was I ever wrong! Jens-Petter and I became friends and discovered that we both shared many of the same spiritual, psychological and relational convictions. One early morning I met Jens-Petter at breakfast and he announced to me that, "I heard the Holy Spirit speak to me last night."


"Wow!" I answered. "What did he say to you?"


He answered with a shocking statement that changed my life.

"He said 'You are God's man for renewing Norway.'"

I was stunned and protested but I soon discovered that God was right. I have had the privilege of ministering there since 1987 and have had many dramatic experiences, made numerous friends and developed a new approach to Christian care and counseling Scandinavia.

Last year I invited Jens-Petter to join our ministry board, making it truly international in scope. He is a wise and insightful friend who is helping guide the next steps of Sweeten Life Systems as we move into the Fourth Great Awakening.
Jens-Petter is a friend, as well as a man of wisdom and insight. Pray for his ministry in Scandinavia and Europe.

1 comment:

CRJ/DJS said...

Gary,
God always uses us beyond what we can see. Sometimes He may not want us to know! Keep up the good work. Thank you for your help in my ministry and life.
Blessings
Dino Senesi
www.dinosenesi.blogspot.com