Monday, September 10, 2007

More Seasoning for the Seasoned


I like my food with a bit of seasoning. Over the last twelve years or so I have traveled to Asia I have taught my palate to accept spicier foods, even when it makes me sweat.

I also like my teachings to include a bit of spice. However, as you may know, most Christian literature is so basic that we have heard if dozens of times over the past years of Sunday school and church sermons. A few posts ago I asked readers to send me the things they were doing to spice up the bland teachings at their places of fellowship.
I received not a single comment. I did get one e mail from a great preacher friend who asked me several good questions. Maybe he and I can get together and discuss this issue soon.

Does that indicate that no one is teaching their people to think and act more deeply? I do not know. However, I am still looking for ideas, and while talking with my sister-in-law this morning I heard one from her.

The Sunday school class of their church, Village Baptist in Bowie, Maryland, has started using an electronic study guide that looks very promising. Click http://www.thewiredword.com/

Each week the class receives an e mail with some story from recent news. The authors then choose pertinent passages of the Bible for the class members to read and then ask some good questions so a dialogue will be started. That sounds great to me.

I suggest that you take a look at it and see what you think. It cost about $80.00 per year and I find that to be quite inexpensive when contrasted with paper quarterlies.
Do you have any other suggestions for a deeper look at God's word, works and will? Click the comments link and let me know.

No comments: