Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Post Traumatic Stressors




We are just passing through a time of remembrance for the people killed and injured in the 911 attack on our nation. I have a special place in my heart and mind for 911. We at the Life Way Counseling Center were asked by the Salvation Army Officers to fly to travel to New York to provide counsel and spiritual support for the First Responders. We met a lot of genuinely good people who tried their best to find and recover the lost.
I, along with, Jerry Kelly, MD, Steve Griebling, PCC and Carla Faison, PCC spent a week at the epicenter now called Ground Zero, listening, handing out food and drinks, listening, praying, weeping, drinking coffee, listening, praying, counseling, walking around and fighting our fears.
Now, six years later, I still feel sick to my stomach when I watch TV shots of the chaos, the fires, the wreckage and the devastation. I am still in recovery.

No comments: