Monday, March 19, 2007

Bricks and Mortar

This is the church
This is the steeple
Open the doors
And see all the people

Why do people, especially rich people love to build things and say they are for ministry? Ever since 1978 I have operated various Not-for-Profit charities and found fund raising to be very difficult. There are probably several reasons.

1. I do not like to ask for money. I have always worked for my keep.
2. I hate to exaggerate the successes of my ministries. Despite the fact that many lives have been changed it is hard for me to tell about them for it seems to be bragging.
3. Almost all our expenses have been for people not buildings. Many folks like to see bricks and mortar not personnel.
4. My work with Pastors and Leaders is confidential.

But I have a lot to brag about. Chad Hovind, Pastor of Horizon Community Church, reminded me recently that St. Paul talks a lot about boasting or bragging. However, it is boasting in the Lord, not myself and my strength. I can certainly do that with a clear conscience.

God's Spirit is touching, healing and liberating hundreds of men and women all over the world as we minister to them in the Name of Christ. The equipping and ministry strategies we developed over the years is proving to be a wonderful vessel for releasing God's love and truth into the marriages and families with whom we work.

For forty years I have been "Equipping Christian leaders" both lay and clergy to make healthy changes in their lives. Dozens of Pastors and Christian Leaders around the world have seen the Lord bring restoration to them and their wives and children. They then take their insights and love to thousands in Singapore, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Russia, etc.

Despite the fact that we do not have a big office building, our ministry brings Christ's healing and growth to individuals and couples as well as churches. We accomplish much through people with little overhead for bricks and mortar.

You can help us. Life Way Ministries Inc is a Tax Deductible, Faith Based Charity. We are totally supported by the gifts and donations of individuals and churches. We also get some support from Life Way Counseling Centers in office space and secretarial asistance.

No comments: