Friday, March 30, 2007

Who We Are

As I look at the meter that records the locations of each person logging on to this blog I am struck by the international reach of the Internet. Over the past few days I have had people from China, Singapore, France, Portugal, Russia, etc read or at least log onto Brave Heart. I am in awe.

It also means that I need to learn how to write to an international audience. That takes some doing because many if not most of the international and national bloggers do not know me or my history. Around Cincinnati and within the Christian Counseling area I am rather well known but that familiarity disappears quickly in other places.

The bottom of my e mail signature says this.

Gary R. Sweeten, Ed. D.

Leader Coach & Consultant
Touching Leaders, One Heart at a time
Touching Organizations, One Leader at a time
Touching Communities, One Organization at a time
Touching Nations, One Community at a time.
Touching Eternity, One Day at a time

(C)Life Way Ministries, Inc
A Faith Based Non-Profit Charity

11161 Kenwood Road
Cincinnati, Ohio 45242
www.garysweeten.com
www.lifewaycenters.com
http://garysweetenblogspotcom.blogspot.com/

513-769-0304 (Fax)

We are a tax deductible charity that is wholly dependent upon the gifts of individuals and churches. All our expenses are covered by donations. We are acknowledged by the Federal Government and the State of Ohio to receive checks, stocks, checks, wills, estate plans, foundation monies and in-kind donations such as airline frequent flyer miles, computers, administrative support, etc.

We care, teach and counsel ministers and leaders and their families as well as churches. Much of our work is personal and confidential on a "pro-bono" basis. People call, write and come her from around the USA and the world.

We have also set up centers for renewal, care and counsel in several nations. We still provide financial, spiritual, emotional and educational support for those persons.

Over the next year some of our formal information will change. The current name is confusing to many people. We will change it. Even though we are totally separate from other organizations with the Life Way name, people get confused.

We are different from:

1. Life Way Counseling Centers (I am the founder)
2. Life Way Institute (Which sells my books)
3. Life Way Publishing (The Baptist Press)
4. Life way for Youth (That places children in foster homes)
5. Equipping Ministries International (I am the founder)
6. Teleios Ministries at College Hill Presbyterian (I am the founder)
7. Teleios Norway, Sweden and Denmark (I am the founder/trainer)
8. Lifeways Russia (I am the founder/trainer)
9 Lifeway International-Singapore (I am the founder/trainer)

You can see the problem. We have been planning to change the name for several months and are getting suggestions from out board and friends. Some suggestions focus on my name. I have been in several different organizations with different names but I have stayed with the same from organization to organization.

We shall have a new snail mail address.

We will always, however, be a tax deductible charity that depends upon your support.

We shall have a new web page.
We shall have a new e mail address.

You can certainly reach us in the future with the Life Way Ministries name and address but the new name and addresses will be clearer and more focused. Please call if you have questions or a desire to support us but do not know how. Rick Brown, CPA, is on our board and makes sure we are kosher in our legal and tax matters.

No comments: